Cannabis Care 2020 and
ACNA’s Approach to Our Annual Conference
Since we released the save-the-date for Cannabis Care 2020 in March, the ACNA has been vigilantly monitoring the latest news and information pertaining to COVID-19. We had hoped that our country would be moving forward in re-opening with a positive public health response—mitigating the impact of the virus. As we all know from the headlines, sadly this is not the case.
At the forefront of conference planning, ACNA has always had two major goals: 1) to ensure the health and safety of our members, supporters and staff; and 2) to ensure a successful and rewarding event that promotes what we do every day, offers outstanding professional development, provides the latest updates about our association, and offers the opportunity to connect.
A FULL VIRTUAL CONFERENCE FOR 2020
With these goals in mind, the Board of Directors and the Conference Planning Committee has decided that Cannabis Care 2020 will be a fully virtual conference. The conference will still take place from December 6 – 8, 2020—so keep yourself available—and plan on taking part from the comfort and safety of your home or office!
The Conference Planning Committee is currently finalizing the new virtual schedules and we will soon release that information. Full conference information and registration will be available on our new conference website in late August…so stay tuned and watch for further announcements!
CALL FOR CONFERENCE ABSTRACTS
If the opportunity to inspire the future of Cannabis Nursing interests you, and with hundreds of Cannabis Nursing Professionals in attendance, this is a presenting opportunity you do not want to miss! The ACNA is looking for speakers who would like to share insights on the following topics:
Each session is intended to highlight the diverse interests and areas that broadly constitute the field of Cannabis Nursing.
Guidelines for 2020 Submissions
- Only the speakers themselves may submit.
- No product, vendor, or individualized business pitches.
- Incomplete submissions will be automatically disqualified.
- The ACNA will prioritize any submission that includes a case study. Make sure you get permission to present from your facility/company before you submit your proposal.
- Those selected must be able to present through a virtual session.
- Direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here to submit a speaker abstract.
• Speakers abstract submissions are due no later than Friday, August 21, 2020
• Abstracts will be reviewed by Conference Subject Matter Experts August 21 – September 4, 2020.
• Acceptance notifications will be made the week of September 7, 2020.
• All presentation materials, PowerPoint presentations, etc. will be due by Monday, October 12, 2020.
VIRTUAL CONFERENCE SPONSORSHIP PROSPECTUS COMING SOON!
We are finalizing our Conference Sponsorship Prospectus and will release it soon—so our supporters can see the many opportunities available to promote their services and products virtually with ACNA—and receive a return on your investment with us.
WE HAVEN’T FORGOTTEN ALBUQUERQUE!
We know many of you were excited to travel to Albuquerque for the conference. The Hotel Albuquerque and city really planned on rolling out the red carpet for us. We also were excited to conduct an annual conference with the theme of Serving Others in the Land of Enchantment: The Story of Cannabis Nursing… Since COVID-19 is preventing us to enjoy New Mexico this year, the Board of Directors and the Conference Planning Committee decided to take our 2020 theme and destination and simply make it our plan for 2021!
We are looking at different dates and will keep you informed as we move forward with the planning of the Cannabis Care 2021!