The Endocannabinoid System for Nurses Webinar Recording
1 Contact Hour
This course presents an overview of the human endocannabinoid system (ECS), with specific focus on the anatomy and physiology of the ECS, and endocannabinoids. A review of selected conditions in which the ECS has been shown to influence health and disease is presented.
At the end of this presentation, the attendee will be able to:
1) Describe the anatomy and physiology of the endocannabinoid system.
2) Classify the endocannabinoid receptors cannabinoid receptor 1 (CB1), cannabinoid receptor 2 (CB2), and cannabinoid receptor 3 (CB3) and their locations throughout the body systems and organs.
3) Describe the endocannabinoids arachidonoyl glycerol (2-AG) and arachidonoyl ethanolamide (AEA or anandamide), including synthesis and degradation.
4) Describe the function and physiology of the endocannabinoid system as it relates to two main human body systems.
5) List three therapeutic effects of the endocannabinoid system within two main human body systems.
If you are a member and wish to view a recording of the Endocannabinoid System for Nurses, please visit the Member's Only section of the website to view ACNA's Webinars Library.