Introduction to Cannabis Nursing CE Webinar
1 Contact Hour
Tuesday, October 29, 2019
6:30-7:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
LIVE Session Attendance
ACNA Member: Free
Non-ACNA Member: $35.00
RECORDED Session Viewing
ACNA Member: Free
Non-ACNA Member: $35.00
At the end of this presentation, the attendee will be able to:
Define cannabis nursing
Examine the core values associated with cannabis nursing
Interpret Nightingale's perspective on cannabis therapeutics
Dr. Alexandra Christodoulou, DNP, FNP-BC, BSN, RN is a board-certified family nurse practitioner who received her DNP degree through the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. Dr. Christodoulou currently works in NYC at a university health clinic providing primary and acute care. She previously worked in community health as a family nurse practitioner and as an outpatient pediatric nurse in NYC. Dr. Christodoulou became inspired and passionate with cannabis therapeutics when she learned of its benefits for pediatric patients suffering from seizures. She has been a member of the ACNA since 2015 and enjoys working with the research and education committee to improve nurses’ knowledge of cannabis therapeutics and the endocannabinoid system.
Llewellyn Dawn Smith, MSN, BSN, RN, CCRN is a free spirited and fun-loving registered nurse and professional nurse educator. A Tidewater Community College graduate, she earned an Associate in Applied Science in Nursing then continued her education at Old Dominion University, obtaining a Bachelor's and then a Master of Science in Nursing Education. She currently practices full time as a staff nurse in an outpatient surgical unit and works for a large healthcare system in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. She established a cannabis nurse consulting service and has been a vocal advocate in her local community. She has participated in multiple professional organizations, including the American Critical Care Nurses Association and the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws. In 2015, Llewellyn discovered the American Cannabis Nurses Association, joined immediately, and has been an enthusiastic participant ever since!
The American Cannabis Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP17085 for 1 contact hour.
ACNA Webinar Cancellation Policy
CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS, AND REFUND POLICY
Registered attendees are required to notify ACNA at the earliest possible opportunity if they are unable to attend a course. ACNA can issue refunds for only those cancellations received at least 3 business days prior to an event date.
Attendees can transfer a registration fee to a substitute attendee. It is the responsibility of the attendee to locate a substitute. ACNA can refund payment to an attendee only after a substitute successfully registers and submits payment prior to the start of the class. ACNA will provide substitution options only if there is an existing waitlist and if a substitute can successfully register and submit payment prior to the start of the class.
If, for any reason, ACNA must cancel an event, all attendees will be issued notice in writing and will receive a full refund within 10 business days of the course date.
ACNA cannot accept substitutions or cancellation, and cannot issue refunds, if:
- An attendee misses a session. For a completion certificate, attendees must attend the full educational session.
- A registered attendee who cannot attend fails to contact ACNA at least 10 business days before the event date.
- An attendee fails to receive webinar instructions due to e-mail bounce or firewall protection.
- There is a system incompatibility issues at the attendee side.
- There event must be rescheduled by the speaker. ACNA will make every effort to accommodate attendees in the event of an unplanned reschedule.
- An attendee cannot attend an entire session due to any technical issues at attendee site.
- An attendee is, for any reason, unsatisfied with the presentation or content of the educational session.
COMPUTER SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
This educational session is offered via Webinar using the Zoom conferencing platform.
Zoom Computer System Requirements:
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam - built-in or USB plug-in
- Or, a HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card
Supported Operating Systems:
- Mac OS X with MacOS 10.7 or later
- Windows 10
- Windows 8 or 8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista with SP1 or later
- Windows XP with SP3 or later
- Ubuntu 12.04 or higher
- Mint 17.1 or higher
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 or higher
- Oracle Linux 6.4 or higher
- CentOS 6.4 or higher
- Fedora 21 or higher
- OpenSUSE 13.2 or higher
- ArchLinux (64-bit only)
Supported Tablet and Mobile Devices:
- Windows: IE7+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari5+
- Mac: Safari5+, Firefox, Chrome
- Linux: Firefox, Chrome