Michael D. Rochlin, RN, MN, COHN-S, CSP (Ret.)
Areas of Expertise/Professional Contributions
Project Risk Management / Research & Development / Regulatory Compliance & Effectiveness Audits / Building & Equipment Design Review / Industrial Hygiene & Human Factors / Clinical Protocols / Education & Training
· Created innovative and sustainable health & safety solutions, capturing empirical research data for R&D/Processes, Labs, Manufacturing Supply Chain, Remote Field Medicine, Chemicals/Waste Management, FDA/EPA/OSHA.
· Developed successful education and reliable processes to report, track, document and comply with Disability Laws, Rules and OHSU Policies, pertaining to FMLA and ADAAA disability and case management.
· Managed complex workplace environmental health audits; investigated serious and imminently dangerous hazards, injuries, illnesses, building/equipment damage, physical and chemical agent exposures.
· Streamlined regulatory inspection corrective-action status; avoided adverse publicity and significant penalties for repeat, failure to abate and willful.
· Designed and managed environmental health & safety incident reporting/tracking systems, including incident mishap investigations/reviews, inspections, return-to-work and follow-up status.
· Developed and implemented leading-edge hazardous materials management programs, including repurposing/recycling all site construction site materials, minimizing hazardous waste and disposal at large-scale, hi-volume Intel construction project; recognized by Intel as best practice for site sustainability & LEED.